About Nelson Schmidt Inc.
Recognized by the UK’s Campaign Magazine as one of the “World’s Leading Independent Agencies” for 2016, Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. The agency serves global clients within select considered purchase industries including Alliance Laundry Systems, Honeywell, McKesson, The Water Council and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries, American Advertising Federation, Public Relations Society of America, and the Association of National Advertisers/Business Marketing Association. For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com.
Nelson Schmidt is looking for an experienced Project Manager who can confidently manage the day-to-day business of accounts including scheduling, budgets, workflow and quality of agency workload with exceptional attention to detail!
We are currently seeking a Project Management expert for our Madison office, who can manage the scheduling, flow and quality of agency workload with exceptional attention to detail. This high-energy candidate must be experienced enough to work independently to prioritize, effectively document, manage and communicate project status to internal account management and creative teams.
- Creation of comprehensive timelines and estimates for all jobs spanning digital, traditional and broadcast media.
- Daily supervision and monitoring of workflow and managing timelines and status updates.
- Partner with appropriate agency counterparts to manage personnel resources and schedules to ensure timely delivery of work.
- Daily use of project/asset management software such as BaseCamp, Trello, Slack and others.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Creation of documentation that facilitates information flow related to projects.
- Monitor and reconcile hours estimated against hours consumed to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Conduct weekly project status meetings with Creative, Production, and Account Service departments to discuss work and manage expectations.
- 5 years minimum of project management experience in an agency environment preferred.
- Is a natural leader and problem solver, who takes pride in their contributions, commands respect and requires a level of control and ownership.
- Demonstrates competency for multi-tasking without losing sight of priorities and goals.
- Confidently develops timelines, estimates and project status reports to optimize process.
- Possesses effective communication and collaboration skills with internal teams and clients.
- Is both persuasive and flexible and is able to work in a high-expectation/fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong skills implementing and enforcing internal process and procedures.
- Understands the disciplines within a full-service agency including account management, media, production services, public relations, direct marketing, creative and interactive.
- Is equally comfortable scoping and estimating interactive and traditional projects.
- Understands the importance of balancing client needs and expectations with the agency's ability to produce superior work.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401K plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.