PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR
About Nelson Schmidt Inc.
Recognized by the UK’s Campaign Magazine as one of the “World’s Leading Independent Agencies” for 2016, Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. The agency serves global clients within select considered purchase industries including Alliance Laundry Systems, Honeywell, McKesson, The Water Council and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries, American Advertising Federation, Public Relations Society of America, and the Association of National Advertisers/Business Marketing Association. For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com.
In this role you will help set strategy, direct team efforts and personally contribute to modern content marketing, social media and public relations initiatives for a diverse set of clients. As both a thought leader and practitioner you can make your mark in our business by helping us shape contemporary solutions for our clients. You will work closely with both agency and client leadership while contributing to a variety of integrated campaign initiatives. We are looking for candidates nationally with the flexibility to work from both of our Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin offices.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead, grow and contribute to modern public relations programs using owned, earned and paid media strategies within an integrated agency environment.
- Produce content across social, newsletter, website and paid channels to help drive customer engagement and deliver key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (clients and agency personnel) to develop insightful strategies for content development and distribution through multiple channels.
- Set strategy and oversee activation of social media, media relations and content marketing initiatives along-side creative, digital, media and account teams.
- Manage staff professionals to produce best-in-class work that achieves results.
- Represent a modern public relations practice inside the agency for both current clients and in new business opportunities.
- Take accountability for results in the work we deliver and provide consistent feedback for improvement.
- Take responsibility for budget management, estimates, forecasting and invoicing.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Key Requirements Include:
- Ten+ years of leading a successful public relations practice at a modern, high-performing agency with high-profile accounts.
- Experience in both consumer and business-to-business is preferred.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism or public relations required.
- Well-rounded experience in media relations, social media management, content creation and distribution, brand reputation management and corporate communications.
- A critical thinker with the ability to develop informed strategic plans that meet client goals, as well as agency/staff needs.
- Demonstrated experience with public relations programs that included significant traditional and digital strategies and tactics.
- A master of written and verbal communications.
- Extremely strong presentation skills. Can use the art of “storytelling” to communicate with clients and prospects.
- Strong organizational and management skills that facilitate concurrent projects, resulting in great work, delivered on time.
- Flexible and unflappable spirit. Can adapt to changes in workload, priorities and working conditions at a moment’s notice, while maintaining a positive attitude. Can lead others through change.
- Exudes an entrepreneurial spirit and consistently serve business-building ideas to the team.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.